Thursday, April 1, 2010

I have the best wife!!


Yesterday mom and I were scheduled to attend the Orange County Mormon Orchestra and Choral presentation at the Segerstrom Center in Irvine. It was awesome! Afterwards we ate dinner at the Claim Jumper in the mall across the street and had a nice meal. It was a great evening, but it got a lot better.

On the way home, she asked If I wouldn't mind if we stopped by the Hadley's house because she needed to pick up some stuff that would help her on a lesson she had to prepare for church. When we got there, we were greeted at the door by Su and "her" new dog. I was excited to see that she had located an adult male Wheaten Terrier from a rescue organization and it was a real beauty. While I was playing with it Nancy informed me that it wasn't really Su's dog, but that she had finally given in to my begging for a house dog and that she and Su had been working to locate one for me. I was absolutely floored! Knowing Nancy, this isn't anything that I would have dreamed she would do for me.

He is 1 and 1/2 years old and is neutered. He is house broke and kid friendly, and best of all, he doesn't shed. I know that Nancy is not as excited about this as I am, and I will probably have a big payback that I will owe her in the future, but it will definitely be worth it. I have already decided on a name for him. I am going to call him Ed, which is short for Special Ed.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

I know our kids, especially two of them, will have lost all respect for me. But I can only resist that constant pressure so long. It really is a pretty sweet dog. So far (one night and one morning) it has been pretty good. How many days till I really regret it?

Alan Dickson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adam said...

I definitely was not consulted on this move. If Mom was a cave she would be Timpanogos. What are you two thinking, you make me keep my dogs locked in the room while this goofy looking drool pile gets free rein, nice. I did kind of laugh when our little Penny tried to eat it and it wet itself. All I'm saying is that this experiment lasts about 3 months and then its time to play Who Wants a Dog, again. Fun.

Ashley said...

This is an April fools joke...I'm not buying it...and if it's not, I'm sending in my papers to legally divorce you as my parents. And, even though I've threatened this for years, I'm calling the humane society to come pick up the other 2 neglected dogs in the side yard...

Lacey said...

Ha ha. Very funny

Alan Dickson said...

Alright, it was an April Fool's joke, but I think Sam is the only one who bought it. I think it is because he is the only one willing to believe his parents wouldn't lie to him. The rest of you obviously know better.

Nancy said...

I am not really the best wife and vow I will never be that wife unless I totally have Alzheimers.