Saturday, November 17, 2007

Latest Mexico Trip

I went to Mexico Friday and decided to just take the new pup. It allowed me to work with her individually and see how she did. She didn't disappoint me. She found several pheasants and retrieved some doves and quail. She even made a retrieve out of a canal. I wasn't even sure if she would go into water, but she didn't mind it at all. At the end of the day, John Anderson knocked down a big rooster, but it was still alive and fell into thick alfalfa hay. Billie spent about five minutes hunting for it, and eventually went on point. As I stepped toward it it took off again and she chased it down, caught it and retrieved it to me. I think I'll keep her.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Those pheasants are beautiful. I should have asked for tail feathers. They are "in" this year for the holidays.

Unknown said...

You've been down to Mexico so much recently that you might be able to apply for citizenship soon.